Instructional Assistance Test Information
The Talent Acquisition and Selection Branch of the Personnel Commission offers Instructional Assistance Testing for individuals needing to satisfy No Child Left Behind Act (NCLBA) Qualifications. Testing is held on a regular basis at various locations throughout the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Instructional Assistance Test Content:
The test contains 50 multiple-choice items which assesses knowledge in the areas listed below:
- Instruction (Fundamentals & Communication)
- Classroom and Behavior Management
- Student Observation and Assessment
- Diversity/Special Education
- Legal and Ethical Standards
Test Passpoint: 31/50 (62%)
Time Limit: 1 Hour 10 minutes
Testing Fee: $7.00*
To Schedule Test: Call 213/241-3455 ex. 2
Retake Policy: Candidates who are unsuccessful on the exam must wait a period of four months before scheduling a retake appointment. Please note that a testing fee will be charged each time a candidate takes the Instructional Assistance Test.
* The testing fee (which does not apply to ACTIVE LAUSD employees who have received an employment offer from a school administrator) will be collected on the day of your scheduled examination. Payment must be made by cashiers check or money order to Los Angeles Unified School District. Cash or personal checks will not be accepted.